270.61 WHQL Driver Improves Performance & Adds New Features
April 18, 2011
By Andrew Burnes
NVIDIA is proud to announce the first WHQL-certified release in the 270 range of drivers. 270.61 boasts all the fantastic performance improvements seen in the 270.51 beta release, as well as bug fixes and improvements, some of which were suggested by members of our community.
As an example of the performance improvements, on a GeForce GTX 580 we measured frame rate increases of 11% in Just Cause 2, 7% in Civilization V, 6% in Far Cry 2 SLI, 5% in Civilization V SLI, 5% in Left 4 Dead 2 and Left 4 Dead 2 SLI, 4% in H.A.W.X. 2 SLI, and 4% in Mafia 2 SLI.
The new WHQL driver also fixes a number of key 3D Vision bugs:
- Fixed problem with 3DTV Play enabled software license not working properly.
- Fixed problem with Blu-ray 3D playback sometimes not working on HDMI 1.4 3D TVs.
- Updated control panel to remove option “Show only installed games” on the 3D Vision View Compatibility Control Panel.
- Fixed multiple games have one lens working, other lens not working.
- Fixed issue with red warning messages appearing when running 3D Vision window mode with Aero on.
- Fixed problem with monitor brightness decreasing when 2D refresh rate is changed to 100/110/120Hz from another mode.
- Fixed problem with monitors brightness be locked at 100% after existing a 3D application and running 2D.
So what are you waiting for? Download 270.61 WHQL now and benefit from performance improvements, bug fixes, new 3D Vision profiles, new SLI profiles, and the new NVIDIA Update application that will automatically notify you when a new driver is available.