GeForce 306.02 Beta Drivers Add Ambient Occlusion Support
The new NVIDIA GeForce 306.02 beta drivers are now available to download. Recommended for players of Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, Darksiders 2, Guild Wars 2, and MechWarrior Online, the GeForce 306.02 beta drivers add realistic ambient occlusion shadowing to each of the listed games, in addition to adding NVIDIA Control Panel MSAA and CSAA anti-aliasing support to Darksiders 2.
SLI users will find a range of performance enhancing profiles for titles such as Alan Wake's American Nightmare, Darksiders 2, Orcs Must Die! 2, Planetside 2, Shogun 2: Total War, Sleeping Dogs, and The Secret World. SLI users will also be interested to know that profiles for Borderlands 2 and F1 2012 have been implemented ahead of their respective release dates. On the 3D Vision front we have new and updated profiles for A New Dawn, the yet-to-be-released, highly-anticipated Dishonored, End of Nations, The Secret World, and many more.
August 28th Update: We can confirm that the GeForce 306.02 beta drivers feature a Guild Wars 2 SLI profile that was undocumented in our release notes. As you may be aware, Guild Wars 2 is heavily CPU-bound, and on Kepler GPUs this may result in negative SLI scaling (a lower frame rate when playing with SLI enabled).
At this time we can also confirm that the Ambient Occlusion profile added to the game yesterday can result in certain pieces of terrain becoming transparent. If you experience this issue, simply turn off Ambient Occlusion in the Guild Wars 2 NVIDIA Control Panel profile.
For the complete release notes, scroll down.
NVIDIA Control Panel Game Enhancements
- Added NVIDIA Control Panel ambient occlusion support to Counter-Strike: Global Offensive.
- Added NVIDIA Control Panel ambient occlusion support and Multisample Anti-Aliasing support to Darksiders 2.
- Added NVIDIA Control Panel ambient occlusion support to Guild Wars 2.
- Added NVIDIA Control Panel ambient occlusion support to MechWarrior Online.
With the range of new settings available in the NVIDIA Control Panel, Darksiders 2 now looks significantly nicer (further down the profile 'NVIDIA Recommended (SLI)' is selected, as is 'High Quality' in the 'Texture filtering - Quality' dropdown). Apply the same Ambient Occlusion settings in the same manner for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, Guild Wars 2, and MechWarrior Online.
We recommend enabling 2x MSAA Anti-Aliasing, at minimum, then applying 16x High Quality Texture Filtering, before finally trying Ambient Occlusion, which may prove too demanding for your system.
New & Updated SLI Profiles
- Alan Wake's American Nightmare
- Borderlands 2
- Darksiders 2
- F1 2012
- Orcs Must Die! 2
- PlanetSide 2 (Updated)
- Shogun 2: Total War (Updated)
- Sleeping Dogs (Please note that we are currently evaluating SLI bit 0x0C4010F5, which may result in higher performance for users)
- The Secret World (Updated)
New & Updated 3D Vision Profiles
- A New Dawn – Rated Fair
- Alan Wake's American Nightmare – Rated Not Recommended
- All Zombies Must Die! Scorepocalypse – Rated Good
- ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead – Rated Fair
- Bang Bang Racing – Rated Excellent
- Brave – Rated 3D Vision Ready
- Devil May Cry 4 - Rated Fair
- Dishonored – Rated Good
- End of Nations – Rated Good
- London 2012 The Official Video Game – Rated Fair
- Mad Doc Jr.'s Doom Rails – Rated Excellent
- Raiderz – Rated Fair
- Roller Coaster Rampage – Rated 3D Vision Ready
- SCANIA Truck Driving Simulator – Rated Fair
- Test Drive: Ferrari Racing Legends – Rated Good
- The Secret World – Rated Good
- Surround settings now persist after new driver install.
Fixed Single-GPU Issues
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- 3D Surround, 4-way SLI: The NVIDIA Control Panel -> Configure Displays for Surround user-assistance screen does not show the correct GPUs to connect the displays on a 4-way SLI system.
- GeForce 400 series: After installing the VGA driver and then choosing the 'restart later' option, the display goes blank when subsequently installing the NVIDIA driver.
- GeForce GT 650M: "No compatible hardware found" error occurs when installing the driver.
- GeForce GTS 400 series: Rendering is not visible with some DirectX 9 applications when Shader model 3.0 is used.
- GeForce GTX 200 series: Mount & Blade Warband - Stuttering occurs during game-play.
- GeForce GTX 500 series, 3D Vision: Crysis 2 & DiRT Showdown - Residual images appear throughout the game if 3D Vision is enabled.
- GeForce GTX 600 series: Titan Quest - Gameplay is jerky and stutters with V-Sync enabled.
- GeForce GTX 500 series, 3D Vision: Crysis 2 & Dirt Showdown - Residual images appear throughout the game if 3D Vision is enabled.
- Optimus Notebook: Blue-screen crash occurs pointing to dxgkrnl.sys when attempting to uninstall the driver using the Windows Device manager.
- SLI, Surround: Intel x59 or x79 - With Surround enabled, a blue-screen crash (0xA: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL) may occur when enabling or disabling SLI or Surround modes. When re-installing the NVIDIA driver after uninstalling it, the driver may fail to install.
You can download the GeForce 306.02 beta drivers with one click from the GeForce.co.uk homepage. If you have any feedback or comments, please drop us a note below or use the NVIDIA Display Driver Feedback Form.