Dishonored PC Game Competition
Win A Free Copy Of Dishonored For PC
Congratulations to our five winners!
Your free copies of Dishonored have been shipped – we know you'll enjoy the game!
To celebrate the launch of Bethesda’s new stealth combat title from Arkane Studios, we have got five copies of Dishonored to give away to our GeForce community members.
All you have to do to enter is to join the GeForce community by signing up to our newsletter, and think up a new stealthy special power. Dishonored already features the likes of teleportation, freezing time and possessing animals and other humans – but what special power would you come up with to help you in your stealthy missions? The five most interesting or entertaining submissions will win!
Entries close at 9am GMT on Monday, 29th October. Terms & Conditions apply.
NVIDIA - DISHONORED CONTEST
NVIDIA Corporation invites you to participate in the Dishonored Contest (hereinafter “Contest”). Winners of this contest will receive a copy of Dishonored including an additional two months subscription (time card).
By entering this Contest, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER THIS CONTEST. THIS CONTEST IS VOID WHERE RESTRICTED OR PROHIBITED BY LAW. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED KINGDOM, REPUBLIC OF IRELAND, TURKEY, GERMANY, THE NETHERLANDS, SWEDEN, NORWAY, DENMARK AND FINLAND.
This Contest is sponsored by NVIDIA Corporation, with an address at 2701 San Tomas Expressway, Santa Clara, CA 95050, U.S.A. (hereinafter “NVIDIA” or “Sponsor”).
You must be a legal resident of the United Kingdom, The Republic of Ireland, Turkey, Germany, The Netherlands, Sweden, Norway, Denmark or Finland and must be eighteen (18) years of age or older to be eligible to participate in this Contest. This Contest is open to individuals only. No team entries and no corporate or institutional entries are permitted in this Contest. Employees of Sponsor, its affiliates, and their respective contractors, service providers and professional advisors connected with this Contest, as well as members of their immediate families and/or households, are NOT eligible to enter.
3. The Challenge
To celebrate the launch of Bethesda’s new stealth combat title from Arkane Studios, we have ten copies of Dishonored to give away to our GeForce community members. All you have to do to enter is to join the GeForce community by signing up to our newsletter, and think up a new stealthy special power. Dishonored already features the likes of teleportation, freezing time and possessing animals and other humans – but what special power would you come up with to help you in your stealthy missions? The ten most interesting or entertaining submissions will win! (50 words maximum) Winners will be selected by NVIDIA based on the creativity and originality of the eligible entries received, as further described in Section 6 (Judging) of these Official Rules.
4. Prizes; Odds of Winning
The prizes of this Contest are as follows:
- Five (5) winners will receive one (1) PC copy of Dishonored by Bethesda/Arkane Studios. Approximate retail value of £30.
Odds of winning will depend entirely on the merits of each entry as determined in accordance with Section 6 (Judging) of these Official Rules.
Prizes in this Contest are not assignable or transferable, and are not redeemable, exchangeable or substitutable for cash. THIS CONTEST HAS NOT PREVIOUSLY BEEN OFFERED.
5. Entry Period; How to Enter
The entry period for this Contest begins at 3pm GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) on October 15th, 2012 and ends at 9am. GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) on October 29th, 2012 (hereinafter the “Entry Period”). “GMT” or “Greenwich Mean Time” refer to that observed in the United Kingdom. It is entirely each entrant’s responsibility to observe time zone differences.
To enter this Contest, you must submit your entry at http://www.geforce.co.uk/games-applications/pc-games/dishonored/deals-promotions (hereinafter the “Contest Website”), within the Entry Period. Specifically, you will need to (i) complete an online entry form and (ii) submit an answer to the question: On the entry form, you will be asked to provide your name, email address, date of birth, country, and be signed up to the GeForce newsletter.
IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL ENTRANTS:
- Your entry must be SUBMITTED within the Entry Period, or it will be deemed VOID.
- LIMITED TO ONE ENTRY PER ENTRANT.
- All entries (EXCEPT FOR PERSONAL INFORMATION DISCLOSED ON THE ENTRY FORM) will be deemed public and non-confidential. Any entries (except for personal information disclosed on the entry form) made on a confidential basis will be deemed VOID and will automatically be disqualified.
- Entries, once submitted, are NOT returnable by Sponsor.
- You may unsubscribe from the GeForce newsletter at any time by following the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email newsletter.
It is recommended that you keep a complete copy of your submission for your own record.
The winners will be selected by a panel of judges appointed by NVIDIA (hereinafter collectively the “Judges” and individually “Judge”) from all eligible entries received within the Entry Period. The determination of the winners will be based on the Judges’ evaluation of the presentation and the creativity and originality of each entry.
NVIDA and the Judges will have the sole authority and discretion to select all the winners, and all decisions of NVIDIA and the Judges will be FINAL. By entering this Contest, you agree to be bound by the decisions of NVIDIA and the Judges.
7. Winner Announcement; Claiming and Awarding of Prize
The winners of this Contest will be announced on the Contest Website, on or about Friday 2nd November, 2012. Within 5 days following the end of the entry period, each winner will be notified by NVIDIA via an e-mail sent to the email address designated in such winner’s entry. To claim the prize, a winner must do the following within 7 days from the date of NVIDIA’s notification:
- Confirm receipt of the notice by email (which confirmation must be sent from the same email address to which the notice was sent); and
- If needed, complete, sign and return a winner release form (as provided by NVIDIA along with its email notice) and such other requisite documentation (if any) listed in NVIDIA’s email notice (hereinafter collectively the “Required Winner Documents”), to email@example.com.
Within 7 days following its receipt of the email confirmation and Required Winner Documents (if needed) from a winner, NVIDIA will ship the prize via FedEx or similar courier service, at NVIDIA’s expense, to the winner’s mailing address specified in his/her winning entry. Steam, Origin and similar codes will be sent electronically to the email address from which NVIDIA receives the email confirmation. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if NVIDIA determines that the Required Winner Documents as returned by a winner are incomplete, erroneous, or otherwise not in order, NVIDIA may require the winner to provide complete or replacement documentation prior to shipment of prize.
IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL ENTRANTS: If a winner cannot be contacted or fails to claim the prize or to return the Required Winner Documents within the specified time period, or if the prize is returned as undeliverable, or if a winner fails to comply with any of the provisions of these Official Rules, such winner will be considered to have forfeited the prize. In such case, the prize will be awarded to the individual who submitted the next best entry as previously determined by the Judges.
Each winner of this Contest is solely responsible for any and all applicable taxes and government charges that result from his/her receipt and/or use of the prize. Sponsor reserves the right to withhold and deduct such taxes and charges from the prize if and to the extent required by law.
9. Representations, Warranties and Indemnity by Entrant
- By entering this Contest, each entrant represents and warrants, with respect to each entry submitted by him/her in this Contest, that: (i) the entry submitted is the result of his/her own independent creation and does not contain any third-party works of authorship that have been used or copied without authorization or permission of their respective authors; (ii) his/her participation in this Contest does not violate any applicable laws or regulations or any rights of third parties; and (iii) all properties depicted in the entry are owned by the entrant, and no public or any privately owned property was damaged, defaced, trespassed or unlawfully altered or used in the preparation of the entry.
- By entering this Contest, each entrant agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Sponsor, its affiliates, and their respective employees, agents, representatives, contractors, service providers and professional advisors connected with this Contest (hereinafter collectively “Sponsor Related Parties”) from and against any third-party claims arising from or as a result of (i) a breach of any of the foregoing representations and warranties by such entrant, or (ii) a breach or violation of any of the other provisions of these Official Rules by such entrant.
- ANY ENTRY THAT IS IN BREACH OF ANY OF THE FOREGOING REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES OR IS OTHERWISE IN VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WILL BE DEEMED VOID AND AUTOMATICALLY BE DISQUALIFIED FROM THIS CONTEST.
10. ADDITIONAL AGREEMENTS by Entrant
- By entering this Contest, each entrant hereby irrevocably and unconditionally grants to Sponsor, on a royalty-free and non-exclusive basis, a perpetual, irrevocable, freely transferable, freely assignable, freely sub licensable, worldwide license to run, use, copy, reproduce, publish, distribute, perform, display, exhibit, demonstrate, edit, modify, adapt, and create derivative works from, each of his/her entries in this Contest, whether for purposes related to this Contest or otherwise, and whether via the Internet, electronic, digital, broadcast, theatrical, print, or any other communications media now known or hereafter developed, and in each case free of any and all restrictions and limitations whatsoever (except as imposed by law).
- By entering this Contest, each entrant agrees and acknowledges that Sponsor and Sponsor Related Parties shall not be responsible or liable for: (i) any late, lost, stolen, forged, mutilated, corrupted, incomplete, illegible or misdirected entries; (ii) any errors, omissions, misinformation, or misidentification in an entry; (iii) any dispute or claim arising from an entrant’s participation in this Contest or his/her entry, or his/her receipt, ownership or use of the prize; (iv) any computer hardware, software, Internet, network, cable, phone, or other communication or technical errors, failures, malfunctions, interruptions, or delays; or (v) any damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer hardware, software or data that results from participation in this Contest or accessing, downloading or using any tools, files, data, software, or other articles or materials in connection with this Contest.
SPECIAL NOTICE TO ENTRANTS FROM EUROPEAN UNION (EU) COUNTRIES:
- NVIDIA Corporation is the data controller and the data recipient for this Contest.
- Your personal information is collected and processed for purposes of conducting and administering this Contest.
- You have a right to access, update, delete or withdraw your personal information collected and processed by NVIDIA in connection with this Contest, by emailing your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. For your protection, NVIDIA may require verification prior to making an update or change to your personal information previously submitted. NOTE: If you delete or withdraw your personal information during this Contest, NVIDIA may not be able to process your entry or to notify or award the prize to you should you be selected as a winner.
- Your personal information may be transferred to countries outside the EU/EEA, including the United States of America, whereas the laws of these countries may not provide the same level of protection of personal data as the laws of your home country.
11. Reservation of Rights by SPONSOR
Sponsor reserves the right, to the extent permitted by applicable law, to terminate, cancel, modify or suspend this Contest, in whole or in part, if fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity of this Contest as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If this Contest or any web site associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or otherwise does not permit entry, or if infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper operation of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion and to the extent permitted by applicable law, to disqualify any individual implicated in such action, and/or to cancel, terminate, cancel, modify or suspend this Contest, in whole or in part. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage any online service or web site or undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and/or other remedies from any such person to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law. In addition, Sponsor reserves the right to take down and remove any entry that becomes subject to a third-party claim for copyright infringement or for violation of any other right.
12. Governing Law; Jurisdiction
These Official Rules are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Delaware, U.S.A., without giving effect to its conflicts of law rules. Each entrant hereby submits himself or herself to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts sitting in Santa Clara, California, U.S.A.
13. Contest Information
You may request a copy of these Official Rules via email to email@example.com. To learn the actual number of entries received and the winners selected in this Contest, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org after 29th October 2012.